Recent research has identified the challenges businesses are facing in managing people in 2011. This is quite a list!
- Uncertainty in times of change impacts on confidence of employers and clarity of their strategic direction.
- Fatigue of key employees and additional workload due to shrinking workplaces leads to disengaged workers or management turnover.
- Labour is on average the largest cost to business. The statistics show that it is escalating due to employee expectations for pay increases, the growing anxiety of individual debt and increased competition between employers for talent.
- Over 50% of employees will be looking for new jobs in the next year.
- Employers are ramping up employee numbers but not planning on wage increases.
- Small business is struggling with the fact that they cannot attract quality applicants.
- It is estimated that it can cost more than $48,000 to replace an average employee on $45,000 a year.
- The Red Tape Commission estimates 75% of businesses struggle with paperwork and compliance.
- According to the published National Accountant, 65% of employees have experienced harassment.
- Changes in legislation causes confusion and mistrust. Businesses are at risk externally and it cannot be ignored. Changes in the health and safety and parental leave in Australia are major changes in compliance.
- Internationally, labour laws are becoming more stringent and complex, adding a cost and compliance burden that did not exist before.
- The aging workforce, generational shift, technology adaptation and social media impact are issues that will take hold in the coming year.
If you identify with any of these and are wondering how you can meet the challenge - then give People Smartz a call! Contact Us